Halloween Party DIYs
The decorations you set up play a huge role in the ambience and spookiness of your Halloween party, and it's possible to unleash the Halloween spirit without breaking your budget. These Halloween DIY projects and cheap Halloween décor ideas make it easy and affordable to prepare for a fun get-together.
How to Carve a Pumpkin
Set the theme for your Halloween party by carving up a patch of pumpkins. Carving a pumpkin is a great Halloween DIY because you can roast the seeds to enjoy as snacks when you're done creating your masterpieces. You can find pumpkins at the local supermarket, farmers' market, or nearby pumpkin patch. Here’s a step-by-step on how to carve a pumpkin.
- Draw the face or design you want to carve on the pumpkin with a permanent marker.
- If this is your first pumpkin, you may want to choose a design with larger shapes rather than intricate details.
- Use a sharp knife or a special pumpkin-carving knife to cut out the shapes you drew.
- Scoop out the seeds and clean them. Clean out the inside of the pumpkin to remove any extra debris, too.
- Drop a regular votive candle or an LED candle inside the pumpkin.
Balloon spiders are easy Halloween party decorations you can make with a few craft supplies, and they're perfect for kids to make, too. You can make them as big or small as you like; consider making multiple spiders in different sizes and placing them all around your home.
The main supplies you'll need for this Halloween DIY craft are black balloons and pipe cleaners. You'll also need craft glue and plastic googly eyes.
- Blow up a balloon to make the spider's body.
- Tie the neck of the balloon and use it as the spider's front, like a whimsical nose.
- Attach the googly eyes above the nose and glue the pipe cleaners on the bottom of the balloon for the legs.
- Allow the glue to dry completely before bending the legs to look like a crawling spider.
The Icy Hand in the Punch Bowl
Make the food and beverages part of your Halloween party decorations. This is an easy and cheap Halloween décor idea that also makes your refreshments part of the themed fun.
- To achieve this easy, budget-friendly Halloween DIY project, fill a plastic glove with bright red fruit juice. Tie the end shut and freeze the filled glove.
- When you're ready to serve the punch, remove the glove and drop the icy hand in the punch bowl.
- For some added fun, make your punch in a cauldron-shaped bowl to enhance your other cheap Halloween décor.
If you need extra cash for all the parties approaching with the coming holiday season, apply for a loan at AmeriCash Loans today. The application process is fast, easy, and convenient. If you're approved, you can even get your funds the next day!